July 25, 2010
01. Betty Davis – If I’m In Luck I Might Get Picked Up 4:56
02. Funkadelic – Super Stupid 3:44
03. JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound – Baltimore Is The New Brooklyn 4:02
04. Marion Black – Come On And Gettit 2:14
05. Freddy Scott* And Four Steps, The – Same Ole Beat 2:37
06. Soul President, The – Got To Have It 2:28
07. Curtis Mayfield – Freddie’s Dead 5:18
08. Sidney Pinchback – Soul Strokes 2:38
09. Black Merda – Take A Little Time 3:55
10. Chuck Garbo & Soul Finders, The – Can I Be Your Main Squeeze 2:26
11. Bobby Franklin’s Insanity – Bring It On Down To Me (Part 1) 2:28
12. Eugene Blacknell – Gettin’ Down 2:34
13. Aaron Neville – Hercules 4:10
14. Moses Dillard & Tex-Town Display – I’ve Got To Find A Way (To Hide My Hurt) (Part 1) 3:18
15. Darondo – How I Got Over 3:39
Download Mojo Presents: Heavy Soul HERE. [divsahre zip file link]
[via Steady Bloggin']
"As much as the restaurant leapfrogs Nordic cuisine to a new level with 32-year-old Redzepi’s adoption of avant-garde techniques — he uses gadgets such as the Pacojet and Thermomix as well as blast freezers, liquid nitrogen and thermal immersion circulators for sous-vide preparation — Noma’s philosophy is very much rooted in tradition and preserving the essence of natural, raw ingredients.
Three professional foragers hunt out local sorrel, mushrooms, herbs and carrots about an hour from Copenhagen, supplementing the backbone of the restaurant’s approach. Ben Devlin, a young Australian chef who has been working in the pastry kitchen for the past year, spends 80 per cent of his time during the summer foraging for ingredients, some of which will be preserved and used for the menu in the winter months."
Click HERE to read the full article.
July 21, 2010
This is a PPC thing:
"Find out what it's really like to get behind the wheel of the new Volvo S60 and experience the naughty side of life. Volvo Subject60 tour in 5 cities, 5 nights, 5 parties! Watch how Volvo discovers the naughtiest city in Europe. A behavioural experiment conducted and disguised as a launch party for the all-new naughty Volvo S60. Not naughty enough for you? Discover the full experiment and the car that inspired it at: www.naughty.volvocars.co.uk"
[courtesy the GoViral netwwork]
July 18, 2010
This is the DJ Speaker, available via Urban Outfitters, which has pre-programmed sound effects like voices, siren noises and even scratching.
Click HERE for the rest of the list.
Sidenote: my ipod died a few months back but my money is kinda short nowadays so I'm thinking of coppping this Archos 3 Vision mp3 player as a stop-gap. Its only $70 on sale right now and has an FM radio and transmitter as well as a voice recorder - nice!